World of James Herriot welcomes and appreciates visitors from the UK, Europe and all over the world.
Getting Here Thirsk is found in the heart of Herriot Country in North Yorkshire. Accessible from neighbouring York, Harrogate, Darlington and Teesside, we’re close to the A1(M) and on the East Coast mainline. World of James Herriot is a short walk from the Thirsk town centre. 23 Kirkgate, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 1PL.
By Road Thirsk is just off the A19 and close to the A1(M). Save YO7 1PL in your sat nav. There are a number of nearby car parking sites in Thirsk town centre (see YO7 1PE in Google Maps in Find Us below).
By Bus Our bus travel partners are Reliance (Route 30). Regular York to Thirsk timetable (Monday to Saturday).
By Rail Our rail travel partners are Grand Central. Regular London to Sunderland route (seven days a week). You may require a taxi from Thirsk Railway Station to World of James Herriot in Thirsk town centre (around 1.5 miles). Contact our taxi partners Chapman's Taxis, Thirsk, North Yorkshire YO7 1FH. Tel: 01845 609957 Mob: 07960 568299.
Tickets - Tickets are available to purchase from the shop on arrival or on this website.
- Free admission for carer of visitor with disabilities.
- Wheelchair access to all floors and gardens with the exception of the Air Raid Shelter.
- Accessible toilets on ground floor and in café area.
- We regret NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED. Assistance dogs only.
- Information and photographs of the Air Raid Shelter available in the ticket/retail shop from our well-informed staff.
- Parking is available close to the front of the building on disc parking or disabled parking discs.
- Free wheelchair loan – We have a wheelchair available if you would like to use it, please telephone 01845 524234 first to reserve.
Coaches may park a short distance from the attraction in the council-owned free coach park for 3 hours.